Thursday 11 July 2013

Life drawing with Erol

This was the 5th life-drawing session I've attended. Erol the model was a middle aged man with quite a hairy body.

In this 10-minute pose, I used Conte crayon on coloured paper.
 This pose was for 20 minutes, and for me the biggest challenge was to depict the left leg as it went away from me. I've stuck with Conte crayon, which is a medium I'm beginning to like, especially being able to use white on coloured paper.

In this final pose of 50 minutes, I switched to pencil. Here the main challenge to the right leg, which the model had splayed to one side, facing away from me, although the shin and foot faced back. I had a couple of attempts on this, and although I did try to draw what I saw, the limbs still look a bit small compared to the body. As I say, the pose was slightly awkward, with the model sinking into the cushion of the Chesterfield sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment