Thursday 11 July 2013

Life drawing with Asha

This was my 6th life-drawing session. The model was a young woman called Asha.

We began with a couple of five-miute poses which I did in pencil. In this first one, I've hit my old problem of doing the legs too small, which seems to happen when I've got the drawing board on my lap..
 In the second pose, I deliberately worked on the legs, and have probably made the model too tall and thinner than she actually was. Also, at the last minute I noticed that her left foot was further back than I'd drawn it. But I was out of time be then.
I decided to switch to Conte crayon for this next crouched pose of 10 minutes....With more time, I'd have tidied up the foot.
In the final session of 50 mnutes, I did two drawings of the same pose from different angles. The pose was quite an awkward one to portray with the fireshortening the legs. But I do like the effects that can be achieved with the Conte crayons..


No comments:

Post a Comment