Thursday 2 May 2013

Life drawing: man holding a window pole

This was still part of the first life drawing session, but here we had 45 minutes to study the model in a pose.

I switched to pencil for this, hoping to achieve finer detail. I did add some charcoal, and then some graphite pencil, in order to get rather more tonal variety. I got rather frustrated with the hand holding the pole - hence the series of hands down the side, where I tried to improve on it.

On the whole, although I'm not satisfied with the sketches, I'm looking forward to going back in a fortnight to try and improve. This is my first experience of life drawing, and really enjoyed it.

By the way, the model came round to look at this final picture, and decided to photograph it, which I took as a compliment!


No comments:

Post a Comment