Thursday 2 May 2013

Life drawing: Ready, Steady, Go

I've discovered a regular life drawing session that takes place just down the road from me every fortnight, so this will provide me with a plentiful supply of models for this next stage of the drawing course.

These pictures were done on my first visit, and were based on the model holding the pose for just four or five minutes. The theme was an athlete going through the ready, steady, go series of movements. (I arrived slightly late and so missed "Ready").

They were done using charcoal. The Go pictures have two versions as the model struggled to maintain his position and so I had to restart.....

Steady...
Go...
Then two pictures showimg the athlete in action...
Then the athlete lies exhausted on the floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment