Monday 16 September 2013

Life drawing: a 2nd session with Erol

In this life drawing session our model used a set of steps as a prop, and we did a series of short skecthes of him from different angles (the member of the group rotated around him, rather like musical chairs, every 10 minutes). This one, using charcoal on coloured paper, was probably my most successful of the four sketches I did, as I managed to convey the weight applied to the step and with the hands on top of the ladder.

Our final longer pose lasted 50 minutes, with the model seated in a corner and illuminated by an anglepoise lamp.


Here I used Conte crayons on coloured paper. The pose was a little tricky because of the foreshortened right leg and feet, so I'm not really too happy with the result which seems a bit lifeless for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment