Monday 16 September 2013

Life drawing: 2nd session with Sarah

Our model came armed with some props - an umbrella, a hat, a scarf and a chair - in order to provide some variety.

This 10-minute sketch was done using Conte crayon, and presented a challenge because the left leg was curled under the chair away from me. I tried to convey this in the drawing, but I still think it looks a bit too small.

This 20-minute pose was in some ways easier, but I didn't really have enough time to get in more detail. Also, although I tried to reproduce the structure of the colllar bones and the shoulders, they don't really look quite right.
However, I think I've captured something of the playful nature of the pose.

 In this last 50 minute pose, I did two sketches, one using pencil and the other Conte crayons.
I'm not too sure about the results, which seems ot lack any real life to them. In both, I've tried to capture the foreshortened feet, which were turned towards me. 
Also, note in the pencil sketch the right hand is wrapper around the hat; however, the model did at one stage stretch out her arm to relax it and so I took the opportunity to do something that looked better to me (which explains why the arm looksa bit rushed!)






No comments:

Post a Comment