Thursday 29 November 2012

Project: drawing animals

I don't currently have animals at home, so I spent an hour with a friend who has a black Scottie dog and a white West Highland terrier.
Fortunately, after their walk, they were happy to sit on a sofa and went to sleep, so I was able to study them without them moving too much. The Scottie slept with her head hanging over the edge of the sofa, which I captured, while the Westie snuggled into his paws.

I got these few quick sketches done as they settled down....



I also took a couple of photos of the dogs when they woke, and did this one of Ben the Westie.
On the whole, I prefer the quick sketches done from life, rather than this one from the photo - probably because you can get more detail when drawing from life.



No comments:

Post a Comment